Well, here it is Monday of the first week I am officially all on my own. I miss Christine, the intern before me, already. If for no other reason that she was a really great person! She is going off the become a professor and I wish her well. But I will miss her here.
Things are going well. I finally feel settled here. Last week was a conference basically all day Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday on the Hill, and I kept thinking how nice is was to be absorbed into this community of people who think like I do and care about what I care about. Friday was a crash course in everything else office wise, and then I set off for the weekend. I have weekends! Can you believe it? I can't. So awesome.
Friday I went out to dinner with my aunt and uncle. I don't really want to dwell on it too much, other than to say it was interesting and good to see them. My aunt is unhappy with the location I am living in, but after a week at the house I know there is nothing to worry about. I actually really love the location. And I looove Bobby and Holly for their kindness and hospitality. Saturday Babe can over and we watched True Blood and relaxed until we ventured to Alexandria to see Carrie and Heather and Paul, and Carrie's brother Eric. It was a trip getting there! But we made it and had an amazing time! Sooo good to be in their company again. I cant wait to spend more time with them.
Sunday was pretty lazy too. We went to a Smithsonian to see the portraits and Fro-Yo for frozen yogurt (amazing) and grocery shopped, and that's about it. The temperature today is very comfortable, in the 80's and the walk to work this morning was very nice. My first day on my own is moving a long quickly and I feel good about it. Hoping to get into the gym downstairs today or tomorrow.
Overall, it is going well. The adjustment was difficult, but I feel like I'm getting there now. I'm happy, and happy to be here. I'd say that's a pretty good start.
No comments:
Post a Comment