Home

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Add in a little fun

So I just wrote yesterday about being a little stressed. This morning, I woke up early even though I had the longest day ever yesterday, followed by a long day today, to do a little yoga. I have always wanted to be that person that gets a good workout in at like 5 am before going to work, and still manages to get out of the house looking fabulous. You know, like they do in the movies. (Is it just me or does it ever seem like mornings in movies go on forever?) I was happy with my accomplishment, and while I rushed a little to get to work, I figured trying out a new routine as I transition into a new job could help make this distant dream more of a reality....

ANYWHO, I checked my email today and got a message from my new boss in DC about Capitol Hill Ocean Week, which just so happens to be the first week I am out there. Babe had mentioned it a few months ago, and now I'm the one that will actually be going. Small world huh? The agenda looks interesting, and overwhelming at the same time. I'm worried about not remembering ANY science whatsoever, and it looks like I'll have to dive off into the deep end whether I wanted to or not.

While I'm excited, I'm also terrified. What if I have no idea where to go and what's going on? What if everyone is waaaay smarter than me? And most importantly, what do I wear!!?? (I know I know, this is ridiculous, please bare with me.) A lot of peoples' blogs I like to follow talk about their daily lives: meals and eating habits, exercise, and also about clothes. A few have made 30 day challenges in which you pick a certain number of items of clothing, and only select outfits from that group for the whole month, and then show pictures of how you wore those items in different ways. And it just occurred to me that while I was worried about what to wear to look professional on Capitol Hill, that I am essentially going to be doing this exact same thing out of necessity since I'm only packing a suitcase. So why not have fun with it?! And maybe even blog about it!

I haven't thought much about clothing, and the only thing I bought was two new pairs of shoes because I honestly don't have the money, and I wouldn't know what to look for yet. I want to wait and see what people are wearing when I get there. But in an effort to pack light I want to be selective about what I do pack, so maybe I'll post about it before I go and then keep you updated on how things come together from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment