Everyone, especially those who were here, are still in shock, but we will make sure to do everything we can to ensure that Syd is not forgotten. He was a true gentleman, and we will miss him dearly.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
The Saddest Day
This morning when I came to work it was like any other day, until I walked in the door and saw my coworker, Katie's, face. She looked like she'd seen a ghost. She said, you better go talk to Maria (my boss). I was nervous, and out loud said I am worried, is everything and everyone ok? Maria told me this morning, in the courtyard of our beloved Villa, Syd Johnson, a member of our board and the absolute sweetest man you will ever meet, passed away while helping clean our courtyard in preparation for spring. The staff here, my courageous coworkers, tried to revive him for nearly 45 minutes to no avail. My heart is absolutely breaking over the loss of this incredible man. We take solace in the fact that he passed in an environment he loved, among people who cared about him deeply.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment