Home

Sunday, December 12, 2010

North Carolina Wedding


Two weekends ago, I had the pleasure of traveling to North Carolina to attend the wedding of a very dear friend of mine. Carrie and I met several years ago while we were both interns in Alaska, and while we don't see each other often, we have remained close. I hadn't actually seen her in almost 4 years!!! It was so good to hug her and see her face and be a part of her special day. She looked absolutely beautiful!


Ironically, we left before a snow storm could hit the Midwest, but we got caught in one of the few snow storms North Carolina gets. And let me tell you, driving around on roads you don't know, in a car you aren't familiar with, among people who don't drive in the snow very often, is terrifying! But we made it safe and sound. The reception was absolutely beautiful and very classy. At one point, Babe turned to me and said this would be how he would want to do a reception....I said a little prayer that we would some day make it there, even though lately I'm not so sure.

Things have been pretty tense and with only a few weeks to go before he leaves, I'm worried. I don't want him to leave with us being in a rocky place; I feel like it will only make the distance harder for us to survive. But this is not a choice I made, and I am sad and frustrated and worried about how I will do. I'm disappointed in myself for being upset. I know that I am a stronger person than that, and I'm just hoping that once I am officially faced with him being gone, I will be able to rally and be happy again, even though we are apart. And I really really hope that he comes home to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment